Agriculture Ministry, Petroleum Ministry, Animal Husbandry Ministry, Jal Shakti Ministry and Ministry of State for Jal Shakti jointly launched a unified web portal for monitoring the progress of GOBARDHAN activities across the nation.
About Unified web portal for monitoring the progress of Gobardhan:
- Gobardhan is an important component of Swachh Bharat Mission Phase-2 for organic solid waste management.
- At the rural level, earlier there was no way of proper disposal of cattle dung waste, but after the introduction of Gobardhan programme, people will be able to provide proper disposal of dung and achieve the goal of ODF Plus.
- Gobardhan pilot project will prove to be an important and useful step in cleanliness. Through this farmers will be able to get wealth from waste in a true sense.
- Apart from making the country ODF Plus, through the important scheme of Gobardhan, India will get ethanol, bio-diesel and compressed bio-fuel in the coming years.
- The launch of unified portal of Gobardhan will further strengthen the rural economy through a convergent approach for various Biogas projects models and initiatives.
- ODF Plus goal outlined in the Phase 2 of Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin ) will depend on the performance of Gobardhan scheme to a great extent as it will not only effectively address the solid waste management challenge but will increase livelihood opportunities, and household earnings of farmers and people living in rural areas.
- The country has attained the status of Open Defecation Free, ODF and now it is moving towards ODF Plus. Gobardhan programme will prove to be a milestone for a Clean India.
- Gobardhan scheme aims at supporting villages effectively to manage their cattle dung and other organic waste.
- Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation will work with all the other stakeholders to implement Gobardhan, a unified approach across village.