Tag: GS1 ; Tag: Culture
KHEER BHAWANI or KSHEER BHAWANI MELA
- Kheer Bhawani Mela, Yatra will not take place due to COVID-19: J-K’s Dharmarth Trust Jammu and Kashmir.
- Ragyna Devi Temple in Tulmulla Ganderbal village, near Srinagar (J&K) is popularly known as “Mata Kheer Bhawani Temple”
- Goddess: The Temple is dedicated to the Goddess kheer Bhawani. she has many names: Maharagya Devi, Ragnya Devi, Rajni, Ragnya Bhagwati. Kheer refers to pudding of rice that is offered in the spring located in the temple to please the Goddess.
- Most of Kashmiri Pandits or Hindu who worship her as their patron deity (Kuladevi)
- The annual festival of Kheer Bhawani Mela falls on the auspicious day of Zeshta Ashtami that is on 30th May this year. The occasion witnesses lakhs of Hindu pilgrims from across the country
- In Tulmulla village of Ganderbal district has been cancelled by the Dharmarth Trust of Jammu and Kashmir Because of outbreak of Corona virus pandemic
Tag: GS3 ; Tag Science and Technology
- China will launch its first Mars mission, the ‘TIANWEN-1’ which is expected to land on the surface of RED PLANET in the first Quarter of 2021.
- Tianwen-1, an all-in one orbiter, lander and rover will search the Martian surface for water, ice, investigate soil characteristics, and study the atmosphere, among completing other objectives.
- The Tiawen-1 mission will lift off on a Long March 5 rocket. The success of the mission will make China the third country to achieve a Mars landing after the USSR and the United States.
Tag: GS3 ; Tag : Science and Technology
- NASA’s Hubble telescope released an image of spiral galaxy, NGC 3895, that, in colour and shape. resembles a coffee made by a barista.
- The galaxy, located at a distance of over 161 million light-years, is a part of Ursa Major
- It was discovered by German born British astronomer William Herschel on March 18, 1790
- The galaxy has a diameter of approximately 45,000 light-years.
Tag: GS1 ; Tag Culture
- Ministry of Culture’s National Gallery of Modern Art organized a virtual tour titled “Ramkinkar Baij | Journey through silent transformation and expressions” to commemorate the 115th Birth Anniversary of Ramkinkar Baij
- Ramkinkar Baij (1906 – 1980), one of the most seminal artists of modern India, was an iconic sculptor, painter and graphic artist.
- He was born in Bankura, West Bengal. In 1925, he made his way to Kala Bhavana, the art school at Santiniketan and was under the guidance of Nandalal Bose.
- In 1970, the Government of India honoured him with the Padma Bhushan. In 1976 he was made a fellow of the Lalit Kala Akademi.
Tag: GS3 ; TAG ECONOMY
NARMADA POWER PROJECT
Power Finance Corporation(PFC) entered into an agreement with Narmada Basin Projects Company Ltd. (NBPCL) to fund projects worth Rs.22,000 crore for 225 MW hydro-electric projects & Multipurpose projects in the State of Madhya Pradesh
The funds will be deployed by NBPCL for setting up hydroelectric projects of 225 MW and power components of 12 major multipurpose projects on Madhya Pradesh
Power Finance Corporation (PFC) is the central PSU under Ministry of Power and India’s leading NBFC. Narmada Basin Projects Company Ltd.(NBPCL) is a wholly owned company of Govt. of MP
Tag: GS1 ; Tag Geography
Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways inaugurated the breakthrough event of Chamba Tunnel under Chardham Pariyojana
Border Roads Organisation(BRO) achieved this major milestone by digging up a 440 m long Tunnel below the busy Chamba town on Rishikesh-Dharasu road Highway (NH-94)
Opening of this tunnel will ease out congestion the Chamba town and reduce the distance by one kilometer. This Project will be completed by October 2020.
Under prestigious Chardham Project costing around Rs.12,000 Crore with approximate length of 889 Km, BRO is constructing 250 Km of National Highways leading to holy shrine Gangotri and Badrinath.
Tag: GS3 ; Tag Economy
REC Foundation, the CSR arm of REC limited, had partnered with TajSATS ( a joint venture of IHCL and SATS Ltd.) to distribute specially- made nutritious meal packets for medical staff in Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi.
REC Limited is a central PSU under ministry of Power and one of India’s largest power financiers.
REC Limited( formerly Rural Electrification Corporation Limited) is a Navratna NBFC focusing on Power Sector Financing and Development across India.
It was established in 1969.
It provides financial assistance across the power-sector value chain. A part from this, REC is also the nodal agency for Govt. of India flagship schemes in the Power sector like Deendayal Upadhyay Gram Jyoti Yojana (DDUGJY), Saubhagya etc.