The application procedure for the Civil Services Examination has been changed from the year 2015. Applications for UPSC exams can be submitted online only. No other mode of application is allowed. In order to submit applications for all UPSC exams, candidates are required to apply online, on the following website: http://www.upsconline.nic.in.
How To Apply For Civil Services Examination 2021?
- Candidates are required to apply online on the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in.
- Applicants are advised to submit a single application only.
- In certain unavoidable situations, if more than one application is made, the applicant must make sure that the application with higher RID (Registration ID) is complete in all respects.
- Candidates already in Government Service, Government owned industrial undertakings or other similar organizations or in private employment should submit their applications direct to the Commission.
- Candidates already in Government Service, whether in a permanent or temporary capacity or as work-charged employees other than casual or daily rated employees or those serving under the Public Enterprises are, however, required to submit an undertaking that they have informed in writing to their Head of Office/Department that they have applied for the Examination.
- Candidates should note that in case a communication is received from their employer by the Commission withholding permission to the candidates applying for/appearing at the examination, their application will be liable to be rejected/candidature will be liable to be canceled.
UPSC Recruitment 2021 Application Process
Note 1: Applicants who are submitting multiple applications should note that only the applications with higher RID (Registration ID) shall be entertained by the Commission and the fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
Note 2: While filling in his/her Application Form, the candidate should carefully decide about his/her choice of the centre for the Examination. If any candidate appears at a centre other than the one indicated by the Commission in his/her Admission Certificate, the papers of such a candidate will not be evaluated and his/her candidature will be liable to cancellation.
Note 3: Candidates are not required to submit along with their applications any certificate in support of their claims regarding Age, Educational Qualifications, Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes and Physically disabled, etc. which will be verified at the time of the Main examination only. The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination.
- Their admission at all the stages of examination for which they are admitted by the Commission viz. Preliminary Examination, Main (Written) Examination, and Interview Test will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
- If on verification at any time before or after the Preliminary Examination, Main (written) Examination, and Interview Test, it is found that they do not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions, their candidature for the examination will be canceled by the Commission.
- If any of their claims is found to be incorrect, they may render themselves liable to disciplinary action by the Commission in terms of Rule 14 of the Rules for the subject.
UPSC Application Withdrawal
The UPSC will provide an option to withdraw the application to all the successful registered candidates. The facility of withdrawal of application is available to those candidates who do not want to appear for Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination. After concluding the online application process for examination, the Commission will start the withdrawal of applications. The IAS application withdrawal link will be available on the official site.
UPSC Application Withdrawal Facility – March 12 to 16, 2021
Note: No request for withdrawal will be entertained after the expiry of the specified period under any circumstances.
UPSC CSE Application Withdrawal: Important Instructions
- The registered candidates should provide the details of the application along with registration-id.
- The withdrawal of applications is available only for successful applications.
- Candidates should have access to the registered mobile number and email-id (provided at the rime of submission of application).
- The Commission will send the separate OTPs to mobile number and email-id. The application withdrawal request will be accepted only after OTP confirmation which will be valid for 30 Minutes.
- The higher registration-id of application (latest) should be considered for withdrawal in case of more than one application.
- A candidate cannot revert the application after withdrawal.
- The application fee will not be refunded. An auto-generated email and SMS will be sent after the successful completion of the withdrawal of an application.