Books for International Relations Optional in UPSC CSE
International Relations BOOKLIST – MAINS: PAPER-I BOOKS
International Relations and International Relations
Section A: Comparative Politics and International Relations
- “The Globalization of World Politics: An Introduction to International Relations” by John Baylis, Steve Smith and Patricia Owens.
- “Global Politics” by Andrew Heywood.
- “Theories of Comparative Politics: The Search for a Paradigm Reconsidered” by Ronald H. Chilcote.
- IGNOU notes on Comparative Politics.
- “Theories of International Relations” by Palgrave publications.
- “The Oxford Handbook of International Relations” by Christian Reus-Smit and Duncan Snidal.
- “Understanding International Relations” by Chris Brown and Kirsten Ainley.
- “Introduction to International Relations: Theories and Approaches” by Georg Sorenson and Robert Jackson.
Section B: India and the World
- Indian Foreign Policy: An Overview by Harsh Pant
- International Relations- Mcgraw Hill education
- “IDSA website should be followed for articles.
- MEA website should be regularly followed for updates and articles.
- IR editorials should be followed in The Hindu and the Indian Express.
- The Oxford Handbook of Indian Foreign Policy” by David M. Malone, C Raja Mohan and Srinath Raghvan.