Welcome beginner read this article carefully to Understand the process of UPSC online registration, application, and how to apply for UPSC online registration?
Every year Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts Civil Services Examination, also known as the UPSC CSE exam to recruit suitable candidates for cadre posts such as IAS, IPS, IFS, and other allied services. UPSC Registration for Civil Services Examination is completely an online process that begins with the release of the notification that contains all the information regarding the UPSC online registration process, UPSC application form deadline, exam calendar, vacancies, syllabus, and exam pattern.
UPSC Online Registration 2021
You will be able to fill UPSC Application form via UPSC Online Registration for Civil Services Examination 2021 that will start from 02nd February 2021. Candidates will be allowed to register for the examination and fill the UPSC application form till 02nd March 2021.
How to Apply for UPSC Online Registration?
The selection process in the Civil Services Examination starts with the UPSC Registration. The first step towards successfully filling the application form. There are two parts of UPSC registration, Part 1 and Part 2. The steps for successfully completing the UPSC Online Registration are given below:
Step 1: Go to the official website of UPSC and click on Apply Online. You will be redirected to a page wherein you will see the link “Online Application of Various Examination”. Click on this link.
Step 2: You will be able to see Part I and Part II registration alongside the examination name Civil Services Examination, 2020.
Step 3: You need to complete the Part 1 registration before. So, Click on “Click here for Part 1”. You will be redirected to the page which will have information and instructions regarding the UPSC registration process. Carefully read the instructions and complete the Part 1 registration. In Part 1 registration, you will be required to fill basic details such as personal details, educational qualification, and address.
Step 4: After successful registration for Part 1, click on the Part-II registration. Here you will be required to fill the exam center preferences, photograph, signature and photo identification proof. Next, you will be made to complete the application process by completing the payment.
Online Registration for UPSC Exam
UPSC Registration and UPSC Application Form Filling Process.
- It should be noted that after the completion of the registration process, no changes in specific details such as optional subject, the center of examination, the medium of examination, details of compulsory Indian language for CSE Mains will NOT be changed. Hence, candidates are advised to be extra careful while filling the application form.
- Candidates are required to carefully note the registration number for further logging into their account and for downloading the admit card.
- Candidates can pay the application fee both online and offline. For submission of the fee online, you can pay through net banking or debit card. For offline payment of the fee, you are required to generate challan slip and submit the fee in State Bank of India.
- Female candidates and candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PwD are exempted from the fees.
- All other applications without the submission of the application fee will be rejected by the commission.
- Fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. Neither shall the commission, reserve the amount of fee for any other examination.
- Candidates selected for the Mains Examination will be further required to pay INR 200/- as the fees for Mains Examination.
- The scanned copies of passport size photographs, signature and photo should be uploaded in the prescribed format. Read the instructions provided alongside the upload documents section carefully.
- Candidates are requested to read the eligibility criteria beforehand. Their admission to each stage of the examination is provisional and may be canceled at any time if the candidate is unable to furnish proof of the details submitted in the application form.
- Candidates are requested to submit only ONE application form during UPSC registration. However, under unavoidable circumstances, applications bearing the higher Registration ID will be accepted. Hence, make sure you complete the application form bearing a higher Registration ID in all regards. Furthermore, fees paid against one registration form will not be adjusted against the other.
Important FAQs of UPSC Online Registration Process
Q. Are offline forms for UPSC CSE also available?
Ans. No, the registration for UPSC Civil Services Examination is an entirely online process. No offline forms are available.
Q. How can I apply for the UPSC Civil Services Examination 2021?
Ans: The application form will be released in February 2021. You can fill the application form released on the official website to apply for UPSC CSE 2021.
Q. Will my attempt be counted if I fill the application form and not give the Prelims exam?
Ans: No, the attempt is counted only when you appear for the General Studies Paper in Prelims.
Q. What is the exam pattern of UPSC CSE 2021?
Ans You can check out the exam pattern of the Civil Services Examination here.
To know about the exam pattern of the Civil Services Examination, click here.