General Studies Paper 2UPSC Books
What is governance in UPSC?
Governance is commonly defined as the exercise of power or authority by political leaders for the well-being of their country’s citizens or subjects. It is the complex process whereby some sectors of the society wield power, and enact and promulgate public policies which directly affect human and institutional interactions, and economic and social development. A great deal about governance is the proper and effective utilization of resources.
Today, governance includes three sectors: the public sector (state actors and institutions), the private sector (households and companies), and the civil society (non-governmental organizations). These three sectors are said to work hand in hand in the process of governance.
- Governance- An introduction
- Governance: An Indian perspective
- Governance: Important aspects
- Citizen Charters
- Appointment to various Constitutional posts, powers, functions and responsibilities of various constitutional bodies
- Statutory, regulatory and various quasi-judicial bodies
- Pressure Groups
- Role of Civil service in a democracy
- Elections in India
- Political parties in India